November 25, 2010

-_-

Ok so I lied, I'm making this blog to a) keep everyone updated as to my game development goings-on b) use this blog as a way to keep in contact with my community around these games. That said, here's an intro!

My name is Jesper "the9thdude" Stelter-Hogh, age 19; I am currently an aspiring game designer living in the Midwestern US and trying to get into one of two schools for next Spring or Fall of 2011. I grew up with a GameBoy in my hand and was simply entranced by the "hardcore" titles such as the Legend of Zelda: Links Awakening and Metroid II. During the early 00's I noticed that handheld gameplay was simply going south and that true hardcore titles seemed to be dying off. So with a bit of inspiration, I hope to one day design retro-GameBoy games and make them as my living.

The project I am working on is called Planetary Defense, which is an RTS which I drew heavily upon an older game, Missile Command for some inspiration. This is my first real project of any scope and I have minimal programming knowledge, but my goal is to learn C# to release the game for Windows Phone 7 platforms as a way for me to start multiplatform development.

I hope you all stick around, in my next post, I'll post some concept sketches for Planetary Defense and explain what the basic gameplay is. Unitl then, later!

No comments:

Post a Comment